Monday, September 14, 2009

Beating up Coach C

By T.J. Roberts
Well, this is the famous golf story where I hit Coach Christensen in the mouth with a golf ball. Two years ago Coach C. was my golf coach. One day during practice, I hit my ball behind a tree on a par 5. Par five means that the average score or par score on that hole is 5. Well my second shot was the one that went behind the tree. I was about 14 years old during this time so I was not as advanced in golf as I am now, so I did not know how to hit all the different types of shots like I do now. Coach C. decided that he was going to attempt to teach one of these special shots to me. This special shot is called a hook or a draw. For me as a right handed person, this means that when I hit the ball it would go from right to left pretty quickly which was a perfect shot from the position that I was in.
Coach C. told me to turn my club face in towards the ground and swing around my body kind of like a baseball bat so that the ball would curve around the tree. I swung at the ball and all I heard was the ball hit the tree. I was looking to see where it went and as I went to ask Coach if he saw where my ball went, I saw him bent over holding his mouth while gushing and spitting out blood. I immediately felt horrible and handed Coach my golf towel. After the pain started to go away I saw that my golf towel, which started out white, was now 100% red and dripping with blood. Coach left the course right then and I believe he went to the doctor before going home.
The main thing that I remember about this experience was the looks and questions I got the next day at school. I can not count how many times I had to tell the story. It was so many times that I wanted to say ok let me just tell the whole class once so I do not have to say it anymore. Coach C. showed me his purple lip the next day and I think Mrs. C. would agree that it was one of the nastiest bruises that I have ever seen. But yes, this is the famous story of how I beat up Coach C.

14 comments:

  1. Way to go, T.J.! You're so mean! I'm just kidding. That's a pretty funny story though. :)

    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my stars for the love of lies!! What a story!! Well i am now terrified to go watch you golf again!! haha jay kay bay bay :)
    well good job darlin!
    I love you!!

    ~ Kellie Burke.... of coarse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. T.J. T.J. T.J
    I completely forgot about that until now. Hahaha Good Job!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. T.J.,
    I had never heard that story before but thanks for sharing it to me! That's so terrible, but funny at the same time. Hahahah.Good blog!
    -Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. TJ,
    That is soooo gross, thanks for the image of blood dripping from the towel.
    I don't understand anything about golf and it sounds really complicated...so good job with golf and your blog.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never heard that before but hahaha.
    good job tj!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahahahahaha that sounds like something i would do lol
    -Aalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that's crazy. Reminds me of playing golf last year.
    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  9. As bad as that had too hurt it is still hilarious.
    -Devin-

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow man that must have really hurt. Good blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha. That is going to follow you forever.

    -Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow remind me now to get you upset :) lol
    great story

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Smooth move Mr. Roberts. Funny story!

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol thats a really funny story

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete