Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Family

I love my family. We’re pretty quirky, and we all have our flaws, but we wouldn’t be the Lawrences without all of us.

Granddaddy is hilarious and has a big interest about which Indians we descended from. He used to work with wood and now he has only half of one of his index fingers. Now he works at a fort giving tours; he knows a lot about Tennessee history.

Granny is amazing. Every holiday she opens her house to all 23 of us and cooks practically every meal we have up there. She is always thinking about one of us before herself. She loves as all and puts a smile on all of our faces. She is one of the strongest women I have ever met.

My cousins and I have to most random conversations at the Grandparent's house. I look forward to every holiday to get up there to see them. Going to the lake wouldn’t be the same without them. Who else would I play Super Mario Brothers for multiple hours on end in a tiny back room?

My mom and dad are the two most important people in my life. I wouldn’t be who I am without them. They are always there for me no matter what, and I love them so much for that. My mom is my best friend in the entire universe (sorry besties); I can tell her anything. My dad is my teddy bear and knows how to really make me smile. They are the best.

The brothers, what else can I say? They have been on the “Kaitlynn Protection Unit” for a long time. They really know how to pick on me, but it’s all-good; I can just tell on them. I’ve been a really big pain to them in the past and will most definitely be one in the future. But I love them, and they know it. They shaped me into who I am today, and I am so thankful for that. They have always been there for me. And I can’t forget my sisters-in-laws; they are really cool, and I’m glad they are a part of my brother’s lives.

The last people on my list are my nieces and nephew. Man, do I love them. They don’t call me “aunt” because that would be sort of weird since the oldest is only three years younger than me. We have so much fun when they come over to the house, and I want to be the best for them. I hope they know that they can come to me for anything and that I would do anything to help them. They are a huge part of my life.

Well, that’s my family. I thought it would be cool to let you all see into the world of the people who are most important to me.

-Kaitlynn

14 comments:

  1. Kaitlynn,
    I freakin love you! I love that you wrote about your family! Your family is so cool and your mom is hilarious. Tell her she is never getting my UT blanket! hahaha. Great blog girl!
    -Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family (at least the ones I've met). And I love hearing stories about them. Oh yeah, and I love you best friend! :) Good blog!

    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlynn,
    I bet your family likes this cause you talk good about all of them. I know my family would. This was a great idea. Your family sounds cool except for the Tennessee Suckateers I mean Volunteers haha GO DORES!!!!

    T.J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha T.J. you silly boy!!!
    Well kaitlynn i absolutly love how important your family is to you!!! Your nieces and nephews are so lucky to have such an awesome aunt to look up to!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaitlynn,

    I think it's really great that you have a really close knit family. It's always good to know that they're there for you no matter what. Super great blog.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaitlynn,
    Umm...well your family is freakin amazing and awesome and everything else. You really know how to take gooood vacations! Greaaat Blog!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAH i love how you tell about your family and their quirkiness and additudes you pick up on :)
    I can tell you love your family a lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family sounds really cool Kaitlynn. I like how you talk about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kaitlynn,
    My family seems to be so disfunctional!!! However, like you said, we wouldnt be our family without everyone in it. Thanks for helping me appreciate my family more.
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew that you had a big family but it is nice to know how well you guys get along with each other.

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol kaitlynn, anyone who reads this can obviously see how much u love ur family! this was really good

    ReplyDelete
  12. your mommy is my favorite :)
    she educated me at a young age hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. im glad you love ur family i dont like mine lol

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete