Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yeah! I'm Adopted!!

Well everyone here knows my name; it’s Kellie! I was born in Missouri and was soon taken home to Tennessee. My birth mother is one of the strongest people I know. She was 17 years old when she got pregnant with me. I’m sure this came as a shock to her. She knew she was not ready to be a mom and my birth father was not ready to become a father of two children. Her whole family was against her choice of putting me up for adoption, but she knew it was her best option. I am so very lucky that she chose to put me into the arms of a loving family with both a mother and a father. I can’t imagine being faced with the choice to give up one of your own or to tough it out and hope you make it okay without a husband.

Adoption is not a bad thing! The way I look at it is I am loved by two families now. Throughout my life, they have all written me letters and made sure I knew that they still love me. My birth mother is now married to a youth pastor with three children of their own, and my birth father is happy with his family and children as well. I can’t wait to see them all when I turn 21. It’s kind of weird because they are complete strangers, but they also had me … I don’t know it’s weird to me.

Because of my story I will always say that abortion is wrong no matter what. There are families out there who want children but can’t have them, and I am full proof of that.

Kellie

13 comments:

  1. This is just another reason I dont support abortion either... or else I would not have you in my life today either :) :) :) :) :) awww how cute is that haha but good blog even thought I already know your story.

    -T.J.-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie,
    Awesome blog. We are all lucky to have you in our lives. If only people could see that others really want to adopt and that abortion is NOT the way to go.

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, okay first of all i have to give TJ some good boyfriend points right there, how precious :) haha

    But, WOW Kellie, I knew you were adopted but I never realized that you actually know who your birth parents are and get letters from them and things. That is really pretty cool and I like your perspective of just having two families.

    There's tv shows and movies and stuff (like Teen Mom! ;)) that talk about adoption and they normally talk about how the mother feels and how difficult it is. A lot of time they show adoption in a negative light, but I think it is cool to actually get to see the adopted child's point of view, and you're right that you are a great example of how adoption is a good thing.

    Well now that I have left you a novel, I just wanna say I love you and I am glad you got adopted by your parents too! :) hehe love ya girl good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm...i knew you were adopted but i didnt know you still knew your birth parents

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kellie,
    What a great story!
    It was amazing.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a good ending to a good story. It is definitely a perspective that we do not always hear. Good Blog!

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  7. honestly,
    in teen pregnancy adoption is the best option.
    do you look like your mom?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually whats funny is my mom (Shelia) and my birth mom (Tara) look alot alike! and if my picture is in the middle of the two we all three look alike.
    I can't see them or know where they live untill im 21, but we can send presents and write back and forth through our adoption agency.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Abortion=Crap!

    Good blog Kellie

    -Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kellie,
    I love hearing your story! I had no idea though that you actually got to keep in contact with your birth mother! that's so cool and I agree with no abortion! It's wrong! Great Blog girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kellie,
    I think abortion is wrong, no matter the story behind each person. Life is a sacred thing. Of all of the millions of gallexies and of all of the billions of planets within these galexies, ours is the only known one to support life. It is no coincidence either with a God as great as ours. It is just more proof of his great care and pride he takes in us as His creation. And yet we treat this rare miracle with such callousness, as if in its development, it does not exist. Life begins before birth with conception and should only end when God has deemed it our time. It is not any man's place, whether we think it is justified or not, to take another's life.
    Anyway, loved your blog and am so happy to hear that you have such an awesome perspective on life and bear no bitterness towards either of your birth parents. I have heard way too many stories of people who didn't have such great optimism. Great blog!!!
    =Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  12. i hate abortion. i am glad you wrote about this. TJ gets boyfriend points :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. its cool that you shared your story didnt know any of that, good blog.
    -Devin

    ReplyDelete