Monday, November 2, 2009

2009-2010 Basketball Season by T.J. Roberts

For me, this year is going to be something special. I am so excited to actually get this year’s show on the road. There has been a lot of talk on whether or not we will be good and honestly, I think so. We are in a new district this year so we are playing totally different teams. This year should be full of exciting moments and games.
I am most excited about this season because I have never been on this type of team before. This is the smallest team I have ever been on. However, this team has more heart and is the fastest team I have ever been on. We are a run and gun kind of team. We are going to be up in people’s faces on defensive and running the court on offense. When you really sit and think about it, it is like a new start. None of the teams we play this year know anything about us and we do not know anything about them. We have a great opportunity to establish who we are as a team in this district. The past is the past and it is time to start over fresh.
The atmosphere of this year’s practice is unbelievable. I think this is where the heart and desire to win comes in. The only time that our gym is quiet is when Coach is talking. At all other times, we are loud and constantly encouraging each other. That is how a gym is supposed to be. Coach Culter always says a quiet gym is a loser’s gym and I think this is the first team to actually buy into and believe this, because it is very true. We need to practice communicating with each other like we are taught to do on the court. I am very excited about our first game, November 17th. (MJCA vs. PLEASANT VIEW CHRISTIAN) I would encourage everyone to come out and make our gym even louder.

12 comments:

  1. TJ,
    I agree with you when you say, "The past is the past and it is time to start over fresh." Good blog.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ,
    I am so excited about this season too! I love your attitude about getting a fresh start. I've watched you guys practice already and I did notice how yall were encouraging each other. I think that is awesome and if you guys take that attitude to the court, you will definitely set a great reputation for our school. I can't wait to see yall play and I'll be cheering for yall on the sidelines :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. T.J.,
    I totally agree! I'me excited about this season and what ya'll can bring. I wish you guys the best of luck and you have a good outlook on it. I will also be cheering for you guys!
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know u guys will be successful. All of you have the desire to win and work hard for it. Good luck on the season.
    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys will be awesome this year!! I hope that all of the hard work that you have put into practice and a new beginning will pay off. Good luck and God bless our team!!!
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm real excited about this year too! it's gonna be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe its here TJ! It seems that we have to wait forever for the season to get here and then its gone before we know it. I want this year to be awesome for both teams and I really think that we can accomplish a lot if we put our minds and hearts to it.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. chillin all nice and relaxin all cool and all shootin some b-ball outside of the school.
    -Devin-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait! I am totally going extra crazy in the stands this year. I love our basketball season.

    -Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear you guys are working hard together. I hope for you all the best of luck, and can't wait to come to one of the games.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like ur enthusiasm for the game. very inspiring

    holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must agree you are a very determined person!
    You're guna do great this season, just don't get hurt. : )

    ~KELLIE

    ReplyDelete