Monday, November 2, 2009

Curiosity

As I stood amidst the crowd, thousands of bodies moving together in one quick and organized pace, people brushing against each other, some lost and confused, others determined to reach their destination, I took in the hushed roar of a thousand different voices that filled the giant arena with a white noise of a thousand different conversations. I wondered what it would sound like if the entire world had been present, crammed into every square inch of the place, all of their voices dancing off the walls and ceilings like fireflies stuck in a mason jar. I wondered what it would be like to specifically hear the voice of each person, to make sense of every word that floated off their lips. I wondered if this is what God hears when we pray...

When I pray, I always think of having a conversation with God. I like to imagine that we're talking face to face about whatever we feel like, chillin' out just like best friends do. I can't physically hear Him, but He answers me, nonetheless. I know God is listening, but can He really hear me? I wonder if God has physical senses. Does God have ears? Sometimes I like to think that God is up in Heaven with a giant plasma featuring all of our faces as if we were Skyping Him or something. I wonder how it feels to have the whole world constantly talking to you, expecting you to hear each word and provide an adequate response. That seems like an awfully big responsibility. It's too complex of a matter for my measly, human mind to understand, of course, but I still wonder. I'm grateful that I worship a God that is so amazing that He actually takes the time to listen not just to every word I say, but also every thought and feeling I possess. And more than that, He does answer me with exactly what I need to hear every time.

-Katy

11 comments:

  1. Katy,
    I absolutely LOVE thsi
    ! Like i agree with everything you say. I remember listening to all the screams at the Taylor Swift concert wondering what that would be like. I'm so curious to as to all God hears everything we say, Good blog... now this is OUTSTANDING! :)
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree Katy. Good blog

    -Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    It is amazing how God can hear all of us at the same time and still care for us too. It's definitely uncomprehendable for the human mind. Good blog.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely right, it is way too complex for my measly human mind. It's a great thought. Nice Blog!
    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! It is increadible to think about how God created us and gave us the infinate amount of signs of His existance in the world, from the innermost parts in our cells, to the largest star lightyears away. And after he gave us all of these signs to prove His existance, He still takes the time to listen to what I want to say to Him. How unfathomable is His love for us. Thank you, Katy, for this blog and what you told me at HO HA.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good blog. It is something that we all try to wrap our brains around but just can't.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. your such a good writer katy i'm jealous :P
    this is really really good. i wonder about that too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. its great to know that he is listening to all of us at the same time.
    -Devin-

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree with you, it is comforting to know He is listening when we talk to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yea..its always good 2 know SOMEONE is listening but sometimes it doesnt even feel lke that

    ReplyDelete