Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving! Yeah, I have the blog while we are out of school. Since it is Thanksgiving break, I’m going to say the things I’m thankful for and hopefully help you all get into the attitude of this holiday. I know we are all excited about not going to school and getting to eat lots of great food, but I don’t think we can forget what it’s all about.

Starting off, I am of course thankful for having Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. My life would be a train wreck without Him, and I am eternally thankful (pun definitely intended). My family and friends are next on my list; they are a big part of my life and I love them so much.

I am also thankful that I get to attend MJCA, even though some people would say differently. My parents pay money for me to get a better education, and I don’t want to take that for granted. I have to throw the troops in there as well, how could I not be thankful to men and women who put their lives on the line for our country? That statement leads me to the fact that I live in a free country, and that is a big deal.

Since I don’t have any life destroying illnesses and I have all of my limbs, I also get to be thankful for that. There are so many things in my life that I get to be thankful for and I hate it that we usually only pay attention to them once a year. I want to start being thankful everyday, and not just on the day we devour large amounts of food while watching football. Well, hope that got you ready for the day known as Thanksgiving, Turkey day, or whatever you want to call it. Have a good one!

-Kaitlynn

12 comments:

  1. Kaitlynn,
    I totally agree with you. Unfortunately society only leaves thankfulness for Thanksgiving and not every day...if that makes sense...
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlynn,
    Great Blog! We all need to be thankful every day and sometimes its hard to think about everything we have and be grateful.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kait, for this pep talk! I am so pumped and ready for Thanksgiving now. My favorite thing you said was "devour large amounts of food and watch football"... no I'm just kidding :)

    You are right, we should be thankful all year long not just Thanksgiving. Thanks for that reminder and good blog, girly.

    Love your BEST best friend,
    Katy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm ready to be more thankful just for reading this
    -tyler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kait,
    I absolutely agree with you. We have so so so much to be thankful for and we always forget about even the simplest things. You definitely reminded me about what Thanksgiving is all about!
    -Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all soo true .. thanks for reminding me what I have to be thankful for ... sometimes we get selfish and forget :) thanks for keeping that in the front of our thoughts

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remind myself every year that I should be thankful everyday and not just on thanksgiving. We have alot to be thankful for.

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definatly loved your use of punage, ya a just made up that word to!! lol
    I'm thinking we should have Thanksgiving for about a week so we can eat more while we ponder everything we are thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. We can not forget what the holidays are all about.

    -T.J.-

    ReplyDelete
  10. We cannot forget what we have come from as we go on our journey wherever we are going. Thanks for the reminder.
    -Ashley Reed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everybody should be thankful for everything

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. God is great! he is the best yet we never take the time to thank him

    ReplyDelete