Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Day Millicent Found the World

This is the story of a girl going into the woods and losing her path back. Two things came to my mind when I read this story. One is the realization that we all have to step out into the real world and the other is when people say they have done too many things wrong for God to accept them.
Millicent almost seems afraid to go far enough on her own without losing sight of where she came from. This makes me think of college and what it is going to feel like when we leave to go to College wherever that may be. We are going to have to learn to step out or our comfort zone and take on the world. I do not know anything other than Mount Juliet Christian Academy and it is going to be weird attending a different school and getting familiar with the world around me. However, I feel that by this time next year, I will be ready to take on the world.
The other part of this story made me think of when people say that they have messed up too many times or gone in the wrong direction with their life for God to be able to accept them or allow them into His Kingdom. They are wrong. God forgives everyone who repents and it is our responsibility to carry out what we asked forgiveness for. If we are truly sorry for what we have done, then we will try our best to make sure that we do not continue to make the same mistake over and over. God is a loving and gracious God, but we must also do our part is showing God that we truly care about the decisions that we make each and every day.


T.J. Roberts

13 comments:

  1. This was a good blog, TJ.
    I agree that it is kind of scary and weird to think about going off to college and not being in the place and with the people we are used to. But i'm excited to see where we all end up in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T.J.
    I totally agree. It really is scary to think about a whole new world we will be stepping into in just a year, but I believe we all will be ready/ we may not want to be ready, but we will be. Godd blog!
    Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What profound words I have read.(:
    I agree with every statement made.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was really good tj. i agree with everything you said. i sorta want to go to a small college because i'm used to the small environment but then again i want to be different and go somewhere bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good blog tj!
    I cant believe college is just around the corner! Your going to love going to college with me!!!! Because we ARE going together!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude I'm feelin this blog fo sho!
    It really made me think.
    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya, college scares me... I'm not sure what I exactly think about it yet. I think that I will reserve my judgement for next year, though.
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. College can be a scary thought. Good Blog!

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Blog TJ. I am so excited yet nervous for college.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iv'e thought about it too but its gonna be alright
    -Devin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm ready for college i guess. it will be tough but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yea both stories you thought of are exactly where i'm at right now...i toured vol state today & that was different, & i feel like i disappointed God & my mom today so i was pretty sad but this blog made me feel a little better about His mercy. thanks

    ReplyDelete