Friday, February 5, 2010

Perfectly in the Middle

Nobody says it better than Taylor Swift does in her song called A Place in the World: “I don’t know what I want, So don’t ask me, cause I’m still trying to figure it out. Don't know what's down this road, I’m just walking. Trying to see through the rain coming down. Even though I’m not the only one, that feels the way I do.” That’s where most of us our in our lives right now. We are perfectly in the middle of everything. We’re not quite old enough to be on our own, but not quite young enough to need parental supervision 24/7. We have to think more like adults every day even though we are all still children at heart. We have to make decisions each day that could possibly affect the rest of your life. We as teenagers have so much pressure on us and so many things to do and think, and it all seems to happen so fast. Sometimes I feel like my head is exploding, and I wish I could just take a break from everything, but we can’t.

I remember when I was a little kid thought 2011 seems so far away and now it’s only next year. It’s crazy to think that I’ll be a senior next year, and I’m very scared about it. I don’t even know for sure what college I want to go to or anything, but I only have a year and a half left of high school! I just wish I could skip the in between of childhood and adulthood; I don’t like being here in the middle. I don’t want to be blinded anymore, I want to find my place in this world.

-Tori

11 comments:

  1. i know the feeling; i realizedwhen i was in 8th grade that i would graduate in the year 2010. then it seemed like an eternity away but now its 2010 and graduation is less than 4 months away.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, Tori. It is scary to think about graduating and having to be completely independent. But you're right I'm ready to get there I'm tired of high school. Good blog, love youuu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tori, I don't want to graduate. I don't want to grow up, go away, have to take responsibilites. I like being in the middle.

    Good one

    -Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. tori,
    I love your blog! I can relate to it so much! I'm kinda stuck in the middle too! I want to be in high school, but yet I'm ready to graduate! I don't know its a whole, I never want to grow up thing! Love you! :) Good blog!
    Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. I don't feel like I'll be graduating next year. It's so weird to think about it.
    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely one of those people who is stuck in the middle. I like highschool but I am ready for college. Good Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea i agree with you. I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT.

    -T.J.-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tori,
    I am ready to leave. I like high school and all, but I get so excited thinking about growing up and taking on new and difficult challenges! I'm ready to show the world who EMILY is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go Emily!! : )
    well tj she doesnt exactly love you LOL sorry punkin : )

    but anywho great blog Tori! I feel exactly like that, just right in the middle but before i know it ill be on my own for good!! kinda scary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good blog Tori. It is hard making decisions i agree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kinda dont want to graduate now.
    -Devin

    ReplyDelete