Monday, February 15, 2010

Faking It

Sometimes in life I lose myself. I forget who I am and who I want to be, and I fall in step with someone else. It’s hard to come back once you’ve lost yourself like I have. It’s like taking an individual, one-of-a kind being and forcing it into a mold, re-shaping it against its will . . . filling the world with cookie-cutter people who are all alike. Once the cookie-cutter has shaped you, it’s a hard thing to undo.

Aren’t we all letting society shape us into what it wants us to be? Everyday we let the new trends and styles take a little away from us and add on the “correct” pieces. It’s like we are all machines being upgraded to fit the new standard. I don’t want to be a copy of what is popular. I don’t want to act and look like everyone else out there. I don’t want to be the “rip-off” of someone else.

What happened to individuality? What happened to true passion and belief? Or am I wrong? Has there never really been individuality? Has it always been these groups of the same people hoarding together? Is this kind of mentality part of human nature? I don’t know, I’m asking questions that no one knows the answer too. I wish we really were ourselves. I wish we could all stop faking.

-Kaitlynn

9 comments:

  1. it's definitely a good question to ask ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kait,
    What a great blog! That is so true. I think we all fall into step with someone and instead of being ourselves, we change into someone else. you make a great point.
    -Kenz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we wouldn't fake it either.

    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a really good blog.
    i agree with kenz, this is definitely so true.
    all of us try and act like others, just to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so hard trying to not become everything your around. Tons of people are incredibly fake and dont even realize it.
    Great Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good blog!
    Whenever I find myself doing that I get mad at myself and ask myself the same questions.

    -T.J.-

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree everybody tries to be like everybody else. And one group of people really only defines one person. And mackenzie quit making your comment so long, you didn't get outstanding writer award for a reason.

    ReplyDelete