Monday, August 24, 2009

The Beauty of the Earth
I look around at my surroundings as I walk my dog or go get the mail, and think to myself, it is so hot out here. I will tell my dog to hurry up, or I will drag him back into the house because I just can’t stand the heat. I completely ignore the beauty of the world and how there is so much around me. Only when I take my time to slow down do I see just a glimpse of what God made. God made it all, and it is so amazing and beyond my mind.
I think about the ocean and how much life it really contains. The reefs have so much life and beauty which scream to me. Each thing has its own purpose and was created by God. I think how could he make something so beautiful? But it only takes me a second to remember God’s nature and that He is Beautiful. He gives us so much, yet we take it for granted.
You might watch a show on Animal Planet or Discovery that talks about the world. Not once do you here them say that God created it. All you here is falsehood about how it is millions of years old and everything came from some germ. I can not see how they are blinded to the complexity and don’t put it together with a creator. They say millions of years of trial and error or just by chance, our world came to be what it is today. I think to myself, how idiotic! Only God could create something as beautiful or complex as our world.
All around us are hints, not small but huge hints, that God is behind it all. The jungles, deserts, beaches, and so much more have God’s handiwork written all over them. Each so different and special make the world what it is. God gave us a wonderful place to live, and in return, we do not give him the credit he rightly deserves. But above all, we don’t even thank him.

-Emily

15 comments:

  1. Emily,
    I loved what you had to say. That is so true we definitely forget about how beautiful our surroundings are and that God is amazing to us and we forget to thank him.
    - Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. This is something we should all think about more often. Good blog, Emily :)

    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so incredibly mind boggling! great blog babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily,
    I think this is a great blog and I totally agree. God really is beautiful and magnificent and so is everything He made.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true. We all need to remember what God has given us.

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Queso,
    I feel the same way about it. How can you think that everything in the world is just placed where it is on accident. God created a beautiful world. Good blog Cheese!

    -T.J.-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily,

    Amen! I've never been able to understand that either. Really good blog.

    -Kaitlynn

    (hahahaha, T.J.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree we do not give thanks to God for many things. And i agree with you that it is almost impossible to look around and see God's creation and not believe in Him.
    Cody Butler

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree. everythin around us shows some sign of an intelligent design

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! That was increadible. So many people talk about the beauty of the earth, some go out and see it, but few acknowledge its Creator. Thanks so much.
    -ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. i also agree, great blog
    -Devin

    ReplyDelete
  12. This made me realize that the world from our view is really so much different than others. We see the world as a beautiful place created by the hands of God. To others the world is just kinda there.

    ~kellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily,

    You reminded me of another essential truth here! Thanks for making me remember how apparent it is that there is a God as Creator!!

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  14. this was really good emily, i agree with what you say. the world is a beautiful place and we need to appreciate it more!

    ReplyDelete