Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Thank You God.

i thank you god by e e cummings

Every time I look outside, every time I take a breath, every time a step is taken, or every time I hear a dog barking, I take it for granted. I don’t even think about it when it happens, but I don’t thank God for what He does in my every day life. I would venture to say that most people don’t take time out of their busy lives to just stop and thank the One who created all of these beautiful things around us. I’m not saying this to justify myself or say that it’s right, just because everyone else is the same way.

When I look outside, I can see so many things that I could just stop and stare at all day long because of the amazement that I have when I see them. I should be thanking God for every single thing that I am able to do. I am able to run, talk, yell, eat, laugh, see, hear, and sleep, as well as multiple other things. I cannot believe that I manage to forget about these things every day. I take so much that I am given by Him for granted.

If we all took just a little bit of time every day, to thank and praise our Creator for all He has given us, I’m sure that He would appreciate it very much. I’m not sure what would really happen if we all did what we were created for as much as we are supposed to. No one is perfect, but we should all strive to be as much like Christ as we possibly can. That’s what we’re told every single day in school and at church at Sunday school.

I wish I could go back into the past and thank God for everything that He has given me. I’m just one person out of this whole universe. I’m just a single grain of sand amongst every other one on this beach. I can’t even fathom the many things that God has done just for me individually. He actually thinks of me. The One who created this world, has thoughts about me individually. Wow. When I really stop and think of all of it, it really seems even more amazing. All I can say is “wow.”
-Tyler

17 comments:

  1. i liked this thought provoking blog. it was open && honest && not a lot of people are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler,
    I definitely agree with what you say. Unfortunately, we can't go back in time and thank God but there's always the rest of someone's life to say thanks to God for what He's given us.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. We do take too many things for granted every day. Good blog!

    -Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree! We definitely take things for granted. God is an amazing creator and we should definitely thank him for everything! Good blog.
    -Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing that caught my eye was when you said that you couldn believe that you forget to say thank you and that is exactly how I feel. It is too bad that we can not go back in time. Good blog.

    -T.J.-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tyler,

    I wish I could do the same. It really stinks how easy it is to forget to thank God everyday. Good blog.

    -Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the thought that God thinks of me and I have his undivided attention ... great writing

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you we take many things for granted. And it is really good to know that God thinks of each one of us alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tyler,
    I completely agree with that. There have been so many blogs lately that have had to make me think hard about their topic and, again, this is another one. Thank you so much.
    -ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so true!! God does SO much for us and we don't even realize it sometimes. We miss so many times where we should have stopped and thanked God for everything but we can't get the time back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tyler,

    You know my original thoughts on this as a poetry response, but as I read it again, I am struck with the truth of expressed in your last paragraph. The mere fact that God notices our hearts in the midst of all the wonder around us. . .wow!

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  13. tyler, i would have never guessed that you were such a GRrrrrrrrrrreat writer, way to go. :)
    -faith

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think we could all work on appreciating things in life more! good job tyler :)

    ReplyDelete