Sunday, August 16, 2009

Everyday

….Everyday, you save my life

“Sometimes I swear I don’t know if I’m coming or going

But you always say something without even knowing

That I’m hanging on to your words

With all my might and it’s alright

Yeah, I’m alright for one more night.”

-Rascal Flatts, Everyday

The first time I heard this song, I immediately fell in love with it. One day as I was sitting in the car, it came on. As I intently listened to the lyrics, I could not help but think that this song reminded me of God. There are times where I feel like no one knows what I am going through. I turn to the Bible for guidance and realize that I am not alone. God is always there for me.

His words are always uplifting and comforting. He loves every one of us and understands everything we are going through. Whether it be a break up or just fitting in, it is not easy. We have ups and downs in our life and sometimes hearing a story or a song can help you realize that God is with you always.

I am reading a book right now called, When God Winks at You. It is a book full of stories about when people are down and God surprised them by sending a “God-wink” their way. It served to remind them how lucky they really are. I absolutely love the stories and can’t help but watch and wait for my own Godwink.

We learn from the Bible that we are lost without him. As Christians, we need God and if we pray to him about our heavy burdens, they will be lifted from us. This song goes to show you God is everywhere, and everyday he saves our life.

- Mackenzie

13 comments:

  1. Mackenzie,

    I really liked the use of a popular song to inspire such insightful comments. I especially liked the reference to "God-winks"! What a great reminder that God directly intervenes in our lives!! Great job!

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackenzie,
    I know what ya mean when you feel like no one knows whats going on in your life. But its great to know that we always have God right by our side no matter what!
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mackenzie,
    I think it's great how you always remember that God is with you and with every one of us all the time. I guess as teenagers we tend to always forget because of all the pressures the world puts
    on us.
    -Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kenz,
    I love this! I love that song, too, and I thought it was awesome that you turned it into a God thing. It's amazing to be reminded that He's with us no matter what, and I'm so lucky to have a best friend who helps me remember that :) Good blog!


    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this song. it is good to know that God is with us through out our lives

    Cody Butler

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iv'e never heard that song but i have heard other songs where i felt a similar feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kenz,

    I think every single one of us needed that. You just sent me a "Kenzie-Wink". =p
    I haven't heard the song either, maybe I should go listen to it now.
    Good one!

    -Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a Mackenzie writing. Some Rascle Flatts plus words that come strait from the heart and you have a Kenzi writing. I loved it!!

    ~kellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big Mac,

    Your so right. Where would we ge without God. He is always there for us and we should never forget that even though we often do. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm not really feelin that kind of music, but it's all good because this is good stuff.
    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that song! the blog was great 2

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard that song before, but what you said got me thinking. I think we could all use a boost in our faith and think about all God has done for us. I know I can.
    - Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  13. ive heard this song and i love the fact that you used it in this context :))

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete